Strange and interesting facts about me:
- Would have been voted most unlikely to be a pastor.
- Sold tractors, computers, and tried to sell hotubs but failed miserably at the hotubs. Parents had a tractor sales and service company, but my sister owns it now.
- Owned and operated a computer sales, service, and custom programming company while in college. #80sGeek #20thCenturytech #Dontcallmetofixyourcompter #Calla21stCenturyGeek
- Would have gone to Tech to study engineering if I had not gotten a scholarship to play football at Northwestern.
- My first deer was killed with an AR15 at 105 yards with open sights with one shot. #scarryblackrifle #oneshotonekill #articlecomingsoononwhatIbelieveaboutgunownership
- For fun as teens we shot skeet virtually every weekend on the Red River, in between swims and fishing trips.
- Took computer programming classes at LSUS for fun at age 16. #wantedtobelikeBillGates #SteveJobsIdolWorship #80sGeek
- Political Atheist: I have no faith in any political party. #JesusisKing
- Married Stephanie right off the farm where she was feeding chickens, goats, and milking the cows. #seriously #rescueoperation #Iwas32
- Attempted to get married 4 other times #Godhadotherplans
- Have five amazing children. #bicyclemechanicextraordinare
- Had to teach my wife how to cook. #motherinlawonlyknewtexmexdishes #imintroublenow
- Went to a private school K-12 with a total enrollment around 300. Graduation class had 26, of whom 13 I had gone to school with for 13 of those years.
- Pastored a church where the former “pastor” had killed his wife in the parsonage, passed it off as a suicide and almost got away with it, and came to trial while I was their pastor. Searched for a sermon online for what to tell your congregation when your former pastor is sentenced to life in prison without parole for murdering your friend, his wife. #somethingsseminarycannotprepareyoufor #somethingstheinternetisuselessfor #mississippifolksareamazingfollowersofJesus!
- Swam the length of an Olympic swimming with my hand and feet tied together. #SwimmingCoachBonnetteWasBrutal
- Pastored 3 churches over 12 years as the “senior” (only) pastor.
- Discipleship Pastor at FBC Houma for the past 5 1/2 years. #WhoDat #GeauxTigahs #boil! #southlouisianapeoplearewonderful!
- Masters from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary #100hoursforamasters?yep.
- Wanted to go to Dallas Theological Seminary. #GodWouldNotLetMeGo #SeriouslyNOPeace
- Doctorate from NOBTS #dMin #notPhd #donotcallmeDoctorMynameisBilly
- Taught pastors hermenutics at the Seminary Extension one semester. #fun
- Love studying spiritual formation, teaching the Bible, teaching how to study the Bible, and exegeting Scripture.
- Went to Romania in 1999 for a mission trip. I did not talk to virtually anyone for 2 weeks afterward. #articlecomingsoon #almostwenfulltimetoRomania
- Took my oldest (12) to Brazil the past two summers for mission trips. #loveBrazil #peopleareawesome
- Thought I had a relationship with Jesus at age 13, but didn’t receive salvation until age 25. #boughtintocultureofeasybelievism #JesusisLord
- I was a racist before Jesus changed my life. Where the love of God is, hatred cannot exist. Immediately changed the moment my heart was regenerated.
- I Was a Five Point Calvinist for years (7 Point on Piper’s scale). #NotACalvinistAnymore I am currently writing some articles about my journey into and out of Calvinism. #myCalvinistBrothersCallmeConfused #lol
- Allergic to dairy and corn #IwilleatanythingIwantinHeaven!
Read my story at www.whativaluemost.com
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/_billy_stevens